Please read the terms and conditions of booking before making a booking, as they contain important information related to your visit.
There will be an opportunity during your stay at Scargill House to make a donation towards offsetting the carbon footprint from your journey through Climate Stewards.
Residential stays require a non-refundable deposit with the booking of £50 per adult and £20 per child. The balance of the fees is required by 4 weeks before arrival. Day events are paid in full at the time of booking. Bookings are not complete until you have received confirmation from the Scargill Movement.
If you are able to pay by bank transfer we’d be most grateful. Our bank details are:
Account Number 65444465 and Sort Code 089299 (Co-operative Bank). Please use your Group Code and a recognisable group name as a payment reference.
Alternatively you can either put a cheque in the post (payable to Scargill Movement) or you can call the office and pay using a debit or credit card.
The programme brochure contains the current fees as well as other relevant information in the ‘How to book’ section. For those otherwise unable to come, our bursary fund may subsidise the cost of visiting. Please ask for details. All fees are correct at the time of going to press. However, we reserve the right to amend them without notice prior to the receipt of a booking. Prices include VAT where applicable. We reserve the right to alter prices to reflect any change in the VAT rate.
Sadly, we have to apply charges for all cancellations. We are a charity, and late cancellations severely compromise our budget as well as depriving others of the opportunity to attend. We obviously don’t like asking you for money if you can’t come, but we still incur costs. In addition it is difficult to resell places at short notice, and so we lose further income. We therefore recommend that you take out travel insurance or be prepared to bear the following charges should you cancel:
- More than 8 weeks before arrival – your deposit
- Within 8 weeks of arrival – 50% of full fees
- Within 4 weeks of arrival – full fees
Under exceptional circumstances and subject to availability, it may be possible to transfer a deposit to an alternative event within six months.
Dining and diets
Guests and community eat together in the Dining Room. Our Kitchen Team work hard to produce high quality “home-cooked” meals, including provision for special diets.
We cater for vegetarians and also try to cater for all your medically essential diets. Please indicate your needs at the time of booking.
Some mid-week or whole-week programmes may include a candle-lit or themed dinner at which you can dress up if you wish. There is no dress code or requirement to do so!
Youth and children’s ministry
We really want young people and children who visit to have a great time as well. The holiday weeks are marked in the programme as having a full youth & children’s programme. If you are bringing young people or children at other times, we would be happy to discuss with you what we may be able to offer.
If your child has any additional needs, please make sure you include them above before submitting this form.
All under-18s must be booked in with an adult. You are responsible for your child at all times during your stay.
We will always try to accommodate people with a disability. In particular, we provide:
- Two wheelchair accessible rooms with en-suite toilet and shower
- Access to the Dining Room, Chapel & Marsh Lounge
- Hearing loop systems in our main meeting rooms
- Deafgard bedside fire alarm monitors
However, the layout of this building makes wheelchair access to some areas of the house difficult. If you cannot climb stairs, please tell us at the time of booking. We are unable to offer care ourselves, so we ask that you bring your own carer if you will need this attention. We will offer your carer a 20% discount.
If you need to bring a guide dog, please tell us in advance.
Scargill seeks to include everyone, including those with special needs. Please indicate any specific needs you have on the booking form. We may need to talk with you by phone to discuss whether we can meet your particular needs.
Things to know before you visit
- Check-in is from 4:00 pm on the day of arrival and check-out is by 10:00 am on the last day (2:30 pm on Fri-Sun weekends).
- Smoking is not allowed in any of our buildings.
- As much as we love animals at Scargill House we do not permit our guests to bring pets with them when they stay with us. The ONLY exception is for assistance dogs. It is not permitted to leave dogs in a car while you attend an event at Scargill House.
- There is limited mobile phone signal. A phone can be made available for your use if it is neccesary for you to make a call
- Towels, soap and all bedding is provided in all rooms.
- Please bring a portable baby alarm if you need one.
- Our rugged landscape means almost all walks we organise will involve moderate ascents and descents. Please bring appropriate footwear. If you are unsure about your ability to complete any walk, check with Host Team on the day.
Sat-nav users: Many devices will direct you via Conistone, but won’t tell you that it is a narrow single-track road! To ensure you stay on larger roads, set the sat-nav to direct you via Kettlewell.
The roads through Kettlewell and from there to Scargill are very narrow. In order to be good neighbours we ask all our guests to drive carefully. To help with this, we ask that you keep your speed below 20 mph on the road to and from Kettlewell and in the village itself.
Other things to note
Although the vast majority of programmes run as advertised, we reserve the right to make changes to the speaker, title or programme content where it may occasionally become necessary. If these changes are significant, we will inform those already booked.
We may occasionally take photographs during your stay, to be used for our publicity, both in print and on our website, and we’ll assume this is OK with you unless you tell us otherwise.